As first when I read these statements, I felt terribly guilty. Especially now that I have raised over 1,000 Monarchs. But since then, I have put a little more thought into it. I did not obtain my Monarchs through mass-breeding. I simply took eggs and larvae that I found in the wild and brought them in to raise for safety. I was very, very luckily in my Monarch egg hunts this season. Also, I take meticulous care to maintain good Monarch hygiene. First, I have dozens (and dozens) of containers to prevent over-crowding. Second, the containers are cleaned once, and sometimes twice, a day to keep clean. I have been using a 10% bleach solution. With the new recommendations, I will increase that solution to 20%.